Change is good. We grow from it, we become better people from change. We make new friends and we lose friends, we fall in love and have heartbreaks. But that’s ok, that’s life. People are so scared of change but that shouldn’t be the case. We should be excited of change: a new house, a family, a change in careers. We should embrace change and accept it into our lives. It’s here to teach us the lessons of life, to make us better people.
Some people come into our lives and stay, others pay rent for a couple of months and move on and some are mere passersby.
If people tell you “Wow, you’ve changed.” Well, I hope so! I don’t want to be the same person I once was back in high school. I don’t even want to be the same person I was a week ago. A young, naïve sapling whose got lots to learn. I’m not saying I’ve learned everything there is to learn (believe me I’m 23 I’m practically still a bouncing baby girl) because we ever stop learning and that’s the beauty of change. The more we learn, the more we change.
Change can sometimes be difficult but it can also be comforting. Just let it happen. It’s meant to benefit us whether we like it or not.
Change to grow. Change to better yourself and your well-being. Don’t go changing your entire life overnight. That would be rather stressful lol and impossible. Start small. You caaaaaan:
- Compliment yourself. It can be anything about yourself. Your outfit. Your hair. Something that you accomplished this week. Tell yourself something that makes you happy. Happiness is contagious you know. The good kind of contagious lol
- Practice forgiveness.For some people, it may be hard to forgive others. Holding resentment over something that caused so much pain to you is not good for your well-being. Allow yourself to forgive others but most importantly forgive yourself. Let go of what already happened and be open to the future. Which leads me tooooo…
- Be open to change. In order to change, you need to be open-minded. Plain and simple. It doesn’t have to be a drastic change. It can be something small like trying out a new restaurant, make a new friend, discovering new scenery, etc. These little changes can lead to bigger ones and who knows, you may even inspire someone else to be open as well.
- Listen to others. Letting others have a voice is one of the great things you can do. By allowing this, you can meet some really amazing people and maybe get some cool opportunities.
- Be yourself. No one can be you, but you. It’s cliché and we’ve all heard it but it’s true. Let others see your true self, quirks and all.
Also know that if you’re comfortable the way you are, don’t let others change you and the beauty that you are. Change because YOU want to, not because you have to for people’s approval. It’s all about baby steps to becoming a better version of you.
*in an overprotective, supportive mom’s voice* Take yo time sweetie. You’re doing great.
Ok I’ve said change so many times, it’s getting redundant lol
Just remember at the end of the day don’t be sad that it ended, be happy that it happened.
What would you like to change to better yourself and your life?
Let me know in the comments. Be sure to share this on social media. Sharing is caring 🙂
Until next time,